So you have been hearing about African Spirituality, Orisa, Ifa, and Ancestors lately? You are curious but don't know where to start or who to go to? You are invited to take an online class that will allow you to explore, learn, and get your questions answered.
These are introductory classes for those seeking further information about the Ifa Orisha tradition, African Spirituality, or those seeking to practice their ancestral traditions. The emphasis is on beginners, those who don't live near or know any priests, those who want to learn but haven't committed to any Ile or God parent and those in the diaspora. While the course is taught by a fully initiated priestess in the tradition, (Ayelekumari.com) it is taught for those who may be interested in deepening their understanding of the tradition in general. It's here to answer your questions and fill in the blanks without judgement or misinformation often found on the Internet.
The course consist of audio lecture recordings from a live class in MP3 format—- (approximately 12 hours of audio! ). reading material, exercises, video references from a number of sources.
Topics covered are as follows:
- African Spirituality and Ancestral Traditions- exploring common features and approaches of African Spirituality and other African spiritual traditions.
- History of Ifa Orisha Tradition - Participants will learn about the ancient, recent, and modern developments in the tradition from Africa to the Americas.
- Introduction to Ori and African higher consciousness- Students will learn about the role of the divine self in the whole scheme of African Spirituality.
- Will learn a technique to connect with the divine self at any time.
- Introduction to Ancestor Reverence- Will explore how to work with ones ancestors. Tools and techniques for deepening the relationship.
- Introduction to Orisha - students will explore the nature of the divinities called Orisha and Irunmole in Ifa Orisha Spirituality.
- Orisa songs - students will learn some Orisa songs, words, and meanings to help with running into the energy.
- Egbe- Students will learn about the importance and significance of Egbe and the invisible realm.